The IoT (Internet of Things) market is evolving at a rapid pace. The report has claimed that the global market value of IoT platforms is going to reach till $74.74 billion by 2023. The reason behind this growth is the huge demand for IoT platforms, IoT devices and other components. For different IoT devices IoT product development need, you must choose one of the best IoT platforms among all that are present in the market as per your business need.
If we talk about the IoT architecture, then it can be explained as a system in which there are various elements, protocols, sensors, cloud services, actuators and layers. Typically, there are four stages of the IoT architecture that are sensors and actuators, Edge IT, Internet getaways and data acquisition systems and Data center and cloud.
Moving towards IoT platforms then IoT platforms can be defined as a multi-layer technology that is utilized for managing and automating the connected devices. Also, these IoT platforms are useful in bringing the physical objects on the online platform. That platform will offer you the best services for connecting the devices for doing a machine to machine communication.
McKinsey&Company predicts that, by 2025, the overall economic impact of the IoT could reach $11.1 trillion, surpassing sectors such as "Mobile Internet", "Automation of knowledge work" and "Cloud technology".
The highlights of IoT cloud services and why its importance
IoT cloud services assist you in collecting and sending data to the cloud and find out the information for providing to manage the devices. You can easily interact with your apps using the devices even in the offline mode. The most important feature of the AWS IoT platform is device management.
IoT Infrastructure Market is set to exceed USD 130 billion by 2024; according to a new research report.
IoT cloud services help in increasing the scalability because IoT devices require a lot of storage for sharing information for important purposes. IoT in the cloud is like the StoneFly cloud that connects with Microsoft Azure for providing customers huge space for increasing the demand of users. Also, it helps in resolving the storage requirements of customers.
Top IoT cloud services list is given below
- Thingworx 8 IoT platform
- Microsoft Azure IoT Suite
- Google Cloud’s IoT platform
- IBM Watson IoT platform
- AWS IoT platform
- Cisco IoT Cloud connect
- Salesforce IoT cloud
- Kaa IoT platform
- Oracle IoT platform
- Thingspeak IoT platform
Most Popular IOT Platforms
Let’s see detailed information of the most popular IoT platforms
Google is everything for us in today’s time. It is growing high even in the field of the cloud platform. It is a multi-layer secure infrastructure. It assists in enhancing the overall operational efficiency. It offers predictive equipment maintenance and solutions for smart cities and building and real-time asset tracking.
Features of Google Cloud Platform -
- Machine learning has an immense capacity that any IoT will need
- It provides real-time business insights for globally dispersed devices
- Strong Artificial Intelligence capabilities
- Huge support for location intelligence
- Ability to speed up the business processes
- Can increase the device work rate
- Utilizes cloud services for minimizing the cost
2. IRI Voracity
It is an affordable platform that is very fast for data discovery, governance, integration, migration and analytics that has full power to transform, and analyst he device data streaming using the Kafka or MQTT. Voracity has a small footprint engine for data manipulation for fast aggregation on the edge that has a full-stack Eclipse IDE for metadata-driven and analytics.
Features of IRI Voracity -
- It connects and integrates sensors and log and different data sources
- It helps in consolidating data filtering, cleansing, masking, transforming and reporting
- It can run on a diverse range of Unix, Linux, Windows platform from a Raspberry Pi to a z.Linux mainframe
- It helps in migrating, subsetting, replicating, and leveraging IoT data for data lakes, archival and analytics and playbooks
- It helps in a fit-for-purpose data-wrangling node for aggregating and anonymizing IoT data and feeding IoT mining and different machine learning nodes
Particle offers different IoT solutions for connectivity, hardware, device cloud, and apps. For better connectivity reasons, it offers three main products that are Wi-Fi, Cellular and Mesh. Being an IoT software, it offers Device cloud, Device OS, IoT rules engine and developer tools. Particle is being utilized by the Opti for the training purpose of the weather casting product.
Features of Particle -
- Capability to offer a reliable infrastructure
- The platform can be utilized by anyone and no need of any expert person to make its use
- It has a firewall-protected cloud
- Ability to work with data whether it is on Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure
- It can easily get integrated with anything with the help of REST API for the data purpose
The Salesforce IoT cloud platform is built for maintaining custom engagement levels. The platform helps in increasing sales, marketing services, and app-related opportunities. Although, Salesforce is leveraging the IoT platform for delivering more and more productivity. It consists of different partners like Cisco systems, AWS and more such.
Features of Salesforce IoT Cloud -
- Capability to test business ideas without the need for programming
- Offer you the real data of the product use and performance
- Ability to work with any type of data from any of the device
- You can opt for creating device profiles for diverse customer context data in the CRM and streaming data from all of the connected devices
- No requirement of CS degree when the creation and management of orchestration rules
IBM Watson IoT is a Pass-Based development platform that is offered by IBM. The platform will help you in capturing and investigating data for machines, devices equipment and search the understandings for taking better decisions. Also, the IBM Watson IoT platform will allow you optimize your operations and resources.
Features of IBM Watson IoT -
- It offers an open container architecture that will support hassle-free migration of workloads to the clouds
- It will help in building and modernizing and connecting devices with apps on the cloud without any efforts
- It analyzes the unstructured data and understands the data-pattern for extracting the valuable insights
- It provides a dashboard for enhancing the visualization
- It provides analytics service as an add-on service
ThingWorx platform offers rise management solutions with low app development costs and less app-creation time. It has flexible solutions for distributing full app design, run-time, and consists of an intelligent environment. The platform is even popular for its fast app development process and distributing different IoT solutions. It also offers flexibility and scalability for the future distribution and benefit of the tech world.
Features of ThingWorx -
- It provides easy connectivity of more devices to diverse platforms
- It has the capability to take away the complexity of the IoT app development
- It can share the platform among diverse developers for ensuring fast development
- It helps in the integration of your device with the machine learning tools for automating big data analytical solutions
- It helps in the deployment of embedded, on-premise or cloud IoT solutions
It will help you in connecting diverse devices to the cloud. Amazon AWS IoT core is a managed cloud service. It will permit devices for connecting with the cloud and communicating with other devices and cloud apps. It will provide huge support for MQTT, lightweight communication protocol and HTTP.
Features of Amazon AWS IoT Core -
- It can process a large number of messages
- It is a trustworthy and safe platform for routing the messages till AWS endpoints and other devices
- It can track your apps and communicate even when you are not connected
- It will allow you secure access for your devices
- Using this platform, you will be able to make use of other AWS services like Amazon Kinesis, Lambda and Amazon QuickSight and more such
Microsoft Azure IoT suite is an open-source a cloud-based platform that assists in bringing local intelligence to the distributed IoT. This platform is designed for diverse industry needs. It can serve different industry sectors from manufacturing to transportation and to retail. It will provide different solutions for remote monitoring, smart spaces, connected products, and predictive maintenance.
Features of Microsoft Azure IoT Suite -
- It supports instant device registry that will build a unique identity for every device
- It offers a cloud-based dashboard that provides instant access to data from different devices and apps
- It allows real-time streaming of analytics for improving decision-making ability
- It facilitates continuous data analysis for actionable insights
- It offers a remote monitoring solution for keeping a track of all the devices and apps
Samsung Artik Cloud is a solution for hardware, cloud services and software. There is a big list of products that work with Artik cloud like Amazon Echo, FitBit, Automation, and more such. With the use of cloud connectors, you can integrate an existing cloud with the Artik cloud Services.
Features of Samsung Artik Cloud -
- It collects any kind of data like discrete, continues and historic and real-time
- It offers built-in security to devices, apps and user interactions
- It provides built-in privacy management
- It helps in monetizing the data that is shared by different IoT devices
- It will facilitate continuous data analysis for actionable insights
10. Oracle IoT
With the help of Oracle IoT, you can connect diverse devices to the cloud, perform the analysis of data from the devices in real-time and perform integration of data with the enterprise apps or web services. It supports the integration with oracle and non-oracle apps and different IoT devices with the help of REST API.
Features of Oracle IoT -
- It will assist in extending the supply chain, HR, ERP, and customer experience apps
- It offers operational efficiency and worker productivity to be increased and improved
- For analyzing the data, it offer features like data enrichment and stream processing
- With the help of REST API, integration can be done using Oracle and non-oracle apps and different IoT devices
It is a mobility cloud-based software suite. This IoT solution is used for mobile operators and is fully optimize and utilize the network. Cisco offers IoT solutions for security, networking and data management purposes. The Cisco IoT Cloud Connect platform mainly offers data and voice connectivity.
Features of the Cisco IoT Cloud Connect
- It provides a cloud-based dashboard that offers a better view and controls the IoT gateways
- It supports data computation in a distributed network for ensuring optimum use of resources in the network
- It allows free-flow of data between the connected devices and apps that are based on the cloud
- It provides real-time updates
- It offers granular and real-time visibility
It is an end-to-end IoT platform and offers a platform as a service. Altair SmartWorks assists you in connecting devices, collecting data, managing devices and data and building and running the app. It offers diverse functionalities like Listeners, rules, device management, custom alarms, triggers and data export and more such.
Features of Altair SmartWorks
- With the help of SmartWorks, you can get connected with any kind of devices like gateways, machines, sensors and more such
- It consists of an open architecture
- With the help of REST API, you can send JSON data and XML
General Electrics Predix have also decided to take steps into the Pass game. But they are focusing on the industrial market by providing connectivity and analytics at the right scale for mainstream sectors like aviation. Its pricing is done on a pay-as-you-go basis. Although, they do not have simple pricing tables just like the larger companies. Also, they have a cool and interactive demo that you can try out.
Features of general electric predix
- Relaxed connectivity
- Better interoperability
- Good statistics control
- Best security controls
SAP is yet another domain that is beneficial for remote management and monitoring each and every single device that can be put in your IoT framework. The remote devices can get connected directly or with the help of cloud management. The analytical enables the developers to make ready, sort out and focus on the collected data from the meters, sensors, and IoT gadgets.
Features of SAP
- It offers the option of using IoT data for building and combining AI apps
- It has reliable message processing
- It helps in bridging the gap between legacy and IoT protocols
- It offers secure data consumption
Comparison between Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS and Particle
FAQs for IoT Platforms
Which platform should I go for IoT solution?
AWS IoT is considered as the best IoT platform worldwide as per the end-user satisfaction result rate. Users love its features and different IoT services mainly the analytics and Device management. It also scored best-in-class among various aspects that cover security features.
Which are the top three IoT platforms for product development?
The top three IoT platforms for product development are AWS (Amazon Web Services), Microsoft Azure IoT hub and IBM Watson IoT platform.
Why do I need IoT platform?
An IoT platform is needed for enabling you for connecting assets, vehicles, machinery and embedded sensors and tags that are established using an internet-enabled connection for transmitting data and remotely monitoring and controlling the ecosystem.
Should I go for Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure for IoT solution development?
Google supports strong offering in containers as Google ha developed the Kubernetes standard that AWS offers now. Google Cloud platform is specialized in offering high computing like Analytics, Big Data and Machine Learning. In the end, it depends on your requirement to make one choice between Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure for IoT solution development.
What is the relationship between IoT and cloud computing?
IoT and cloud computing are two different technologies. Cloud computing covers delivery of data, apps, photos, videos and more across the Internet and to the data centres. On the other hand, IoT refers to the connecting of devices to the Internet.
As the demand and scope of IoT are flourishing across diverse industry sectors, it has become an essential need to understand the top IoT development platforms and tools in detail.
Above-described are the points that will help you to choose the top IoT development companies among all that are present in the market. You can choose the IoT application development platforms as per your business need. Understanding the requirement, the experts will guide you to make the final choice of IoT platform and tool.
We at Intuz have immense experience in providing the IoT product development solutions to different clientele. Our expert IoT developers are highly talented and skilled to work on the IoT development project. Coming to us, you will never get disappointed as we only strive for success and customer satisfaction.