“All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!”
A yet another Happy Hour at Intuz. A time when the Intuzians come together, connect and bond as a team. So we started brainstorming on the ideas and ways in which we could make this happen. The one thing that everybody loves is food and games, we infused these together and organized ‘The Intuz Mela’. An outdoor evening where Intuzians spent quality time in exploring their and their colleague’s talents. Where food satisfied their stomach and games satisfied their mind; and who counts money, after all, friend’s pocket is also mine. It was an event for the Intuzians, by the Intuzians, and with the Intuzians.
There were music, food, and games; what more can one ask for. The food preparations began a couple of hours before the event so the final product could be on the table for sale. While the owners were busy with the preparations and decorations, one member of their teams were busy bringing customers to the stall.
- Food stalls were offering yummy and delicious home-made hygienic food that ranged from Indian street food to Italian and continental.
- Amongst single, multiplayer and goal the stump games, lucky draw and darts were some of the popular games where Intuzians were having fun.
- The icing on the cake was the award ceremony. The creativity of the idea, execution, presentation and zero food waste management were some of the parameters on which the judges had evaluated the participants.
Marketing Strategies at Intuz Mela
The Intuzians in order to maximise the sales had started implemented different marketing strategies like,
- Pre-booking: The teams came up with their best marketing strategies for their stalls to make the maximum of the profit. Though the real motive was to ensure fun with maximum participation. They started marketing of their stall among the Intuzians started selling their stall tickets at a subsidized rate. This gave the owners a fair idea of the quantity to prepare and fund to start. The buyers got the discounts and the sellers planned well for profit. A win-win situation for all!
- Direct selling: Approaching the customer directly and persuading him/her the benefits of buying the tickets was one tactic which almost all the owners had implemented. Some even provided cut on helping their tickets sold. A clever move by the owners!
- Quality & support: The above strategies attracted the customers but it was the product/service and overall happy experience which fetched the owners repeated sales and valuable feedback. Resembling the Intuz business and client servicing approach, the sellers also made sure that they don’t miss anything to serve the buyers at their best and their customers go happy.
(Fun at stalls)
The event really helped in building and creating a bond among the Intuzians. To sum up, the event was successful in inculcating the organization’s core values of people first, work smart and own it.
Let’s have a look at what the Intuzians have to say about the event:
“Intuz Mela was one of the best “Happy Hour” events where we had seen the “Teamwork” in Presentation, Marketing/selling Strategies, lots of fun with creative & innovative ideas of games. The participation of every team member was commendable. Intuz Mela was the best & we all enjoyed it like anything. We are looking for a lot more interesting happenings in coming happy hours”.
-– Hema N.
“Intuz Mela was by far the most happening happy hour I have experienced. We enjoyed a lot as we were also hosting the food stall and we were having fun working as a team. We played games and had yummy food that other Intuzians offered on their stalls. It was completely a team effort, from booking a stall, decorating and selling the products and could not have been possible without everyone’s involvement. To wrap up, the event took me to cloud 9.”
-– Ashutosh M.
“What a great start to the weekend that was! To make Intuzians free from their regular work schedules, and have some fun with colleagues, Intuz Mela was the perfect setup. I experienced Intuz as an employee-oriented company that keeps coming up with such amazing recreational idea for its Intuzians! And this always makes me proud to be part of Intuz Family. I really appreciate the efforts of the HR team and Happy hours’ committee members to make the event such a big success!”
-– Khushbu M.
“Intuz Mela was successful in spreading happy vibes across the office. Right from the preparations for the Mela to the inauguration and finally to the wrapping up by clicking the pictures, the excitement level was top notch! The happiness was evidently visible on everybody’s faces and hence the efforts put in paid off pretty well!”
-– Malasha J.
“The activity I had never participated before was really fun. Intuz MELA and that too in corporate life were really unexpected, but still, our company initiated, did this much to make us feel good, valued and happy show how much they care for us! Three cheers for INTUZ!”
-– Tahuka P